- Set target limits for energy consumption. Contextual tips and suggestions for achieving the set target.
- Gain points or an energy rating based on how low energy consumption has been. Achievements/badges can be unlocked.
- Compare your points/rating with friends (via social media etc) or energy consumption with neighbourhood (through national grid).
- Possible money incentive - energy bill savings in vouchers.
- Select a home type, small home (apartments, flats, 1/2 bedroom etc), regular home (3/4 bed) and large (5+ bed). Can help to make the app better tailored to the user. Maybe even new or old home, limiting certain functions of the app.
- Different modes e.g. holiday mode. App puts lights on at night and turns of all other automations storing as much energy as possible.
- Home managers can set permissions for other user groups e.g. guest group for... guests.
UI & Naming
- Home screen with latest energy stats and suggested controls based on time, temp, past behaviour.
- Live smart - possible app name.
- Samsung's Smartthings app has clean a UI.
- Smart meter inspired graphs -